30 AdWords Tips in 30 Days - Day #7 - Activate Google Merchant Center
Some of our later tips will be on Product Listing Ads & Google Shopping Campaigns but before we get there, we first must have our products uploaded to Google Merchant Center.
Tip #7 - Create a Google Merchant Center Account & Upload your Products
- What is Google Merchant Center? - Google Merchant Center is a platform offered by Google that allows eCommerce advertisers to upload products and product data, such as descriptions, images, and pricing, etc.
- What does Google Merchant Center do? - Google Merchant Center helps connects shoppers with products they are searching for.
- Where does Google Merchant Center place advertisers' products? - Google Shopping, Product Listing Ads (PLAs), and/or Google Shopping Campaigns (more on those in later posts)
- How many products should I upload to Google Merchant Center? - To increase your reach and visibility of your products and your business, submit all your products to Google Merchant Center.
- How to create a Google Merchant Center Account? - The Google Merchant Center Beginner's Guide is a great resource for learning all the steps required to create a Google Merchant Center Account.
Considerations & Tips for Google Merchant Center
- When uploading products and product data - while you have to submit your data in an approved Google format, give as much data and product attributes as possible; include keyword-rich descriptions and details
- Google Merchant Center does not guarantee that your products will automatically be found - often advertisers will have to tweak and optimize their data to make it more discoverable
- Provide high-quality product data and images
- Provide detailed information about your business, your policies, and how customers can contact you
- If you have the technical resources, automate Google Merchant Center feed submissions via the API
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.