30 AdWords Tips in 30 Days - Day #11 - Evaluate Automatic Placements
The Google Display Network is a great way to increase your Reach and serve your Ads to potential customers viewing relevant content across a million+ sites in Google's Network. When running on the Google Display Network and contextually targeting, you have the ability to have Google serve your Ads on Automatic Placements; performance on these Placements can, and should be, evaluated.
Tip #11 - Evaluate Automatic Placement Performance
An Automatic Placement Report is similar to a Keyword Report - You'll see how often your Ads served on certain Placements, how often they were clicked on, how often traffic from your Placem... (if Conversion Tracking setup), etc.
Where do I find my Automatic Placement Report?
1. Log into AdWords
2. Click on the Display Network Tab
3. Click on Placements (right beneath the main Tabs)
What kind of decisions should I make based on Automatic Placement Performance?
Similar to the process for evaluating Keywords, there are many decisions to consider regarding performance of Automatic Placements. Below are my top three:
1. Move high performing Automatic Placements to Managed Placements - Managing Placements directly gives you the opportunity to control how much budget goes to that Placement (by placing in their own Campaign), tailor Ad Copy/Creative, and/or adjust bids.
2. Exclude Placements - If a Placement is not performing well for you, consider blocking your Ads from serving on those Placements.
3. Adjust Bids - Just as you can increase/decrease Max CPCs on Keywords, you can also adjust accordingly on Automatic Placements.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.