Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

how to increase website traffic fast?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello  I want to increase traffic on my website <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> Can anyone help me????

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove an unnecessary URL.

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to increase website traffic fast?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you tried advertising on the display network? That's usually fast and more affordable.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Like Shanee stated Display is a fast way to get your information to the right people at a good cost.

You can also look at Google's SEO Starter guide to get and idea of how to get customers naturally. Look at Google Adwords as well & The Display Network, like Shanee stated above.

And take it step further with social profiles. This will help the more profiles you have linking back to your website the more results the searchers will have when they are looking for sites like yours. 

So in short for immediate gratification, use Display & Search, for a long term goal use SEO and for everyday users with similar interests add social profiles to build up your brand. 

EDIT: Wanted to add this Best Practice Guide (Making the Most of Display Advertising - Google Best Practices) that just came out today, it will give you some good insights into the display network. 

Good Luck!  

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Folk Market,

Why not take a step back and develop some actionable goals for your website and business.

Sure, you can send 1,000,000 visitors to your site, but what have you received in return? Were those people who were interested in what you have to offer or did they accidentally click an ad while playing a game on their phone. Perhaps the better question to ask is, how do I increase sales on my site? - or how do I increase relevant traffic to increase sales? Only you know the answers here.

If you take one of the latter approaches, as previously mentioned there are numerous tools to go about executing your marketing strategies.

Unless you somehow just get paid from visitors, a smart strategy, driven by goals, is the starting point to see any sort of success.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
On the downside you should expect more branding and less direct sales on the display network as a general rule. Of course skillful targeting can improve this to some extent.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
A caveat to insert in your question would be to specify the purpose for the traffic ie; are you trying to sell items on your site to the visitors or direct them to other sites or provide information of some type, etc? People want traffic for all sorts of reasons. The better I understand the reason you want traffic and what you want them to do on your site the better advice I can give you.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Folk Market, traffic is not the desired outcome but converted goals from the clicks are.

So, start with your desired goal(s) (end result of that traffic you seek) and build a way to make it happen. Once you have your goals, you have a great start and can proceed to designing a set of actions that will be positive... and profitable.

Best wishes on your adventure. Post back for more help.   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Like many have said here you should start with some sort of goal, the purpose of you wanting to increase traffic to the site. Do you want your site traffic to increase sales? Or do you want a branding campaign? Maybe you want a video to get more views, defining your goal is important when deciding which route to go.

Search campaigns and display campaigns are very effective ways at raising site traffic and awareness, but are also very different in their delivery.

I would recommend a search campaign if you are offering a goods or services. Use they keyword planner to get an idea of the monthly searches within your targeted area and good keyword ideas. Start with a couple different ads and allow some time to collect data. Then you can evaluate and optimize as you see fit, there are numerous options to increase effectiveness, keyword modifications, dynamic ads, sitelinks, etc. You could even use Adwords express if you don't know the platform well and want quicker results.

If you have your audiences defined (in analytics) and have collected enough data to start a retargeting campaign, then start one up. Great way to get previous users back on the site. You can offer incentives and discounts to possibly snag any users that were on the fence about a purchase.

I would suggest starting with either search or display before diving into the other advertising services Google offers, but its different for everyone so don't be hesitant to start a small budget pilot campaign and test something out!

Best of luck!

how to increase website traffic fast?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

ISMAIL H,

Off-Topic Post:This off-topic post has been archived by a Moderator, per our Community Guidelines. If you post again, please ensure that your post is specific to AdWords advertising and that it includes a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.Thank you for your understanding.

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner