2.3K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Yoast SEO Plugin Now With Google Search Console Integration

Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

In what seems to be a new development in the ongoing relationship between the popular Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress and all things Google the Yoast plugin now features some fundamental integration with Google Search Console. This integration came with today’s upgrade to the plugin (version 2.3) and without much in the way of a preamble via email notification.

At this point the data that is being pulled from Search Console by the Yoast plugin is pretty limited. It shows you any error messages that were generated when Googlebot visited your site on a variety of devices. This is pretty cool but I think it is just the beginning of what may be going to happen in the future as different types of data can be extracted by Yoast and utilized within the SEO plugin.

I could imagine a time when the plugin can access the keyword list and possibly backlinks from Search Console and then utilize those lists when you optimize your content. For now though it can pull the page errors into WordPress for you so that you can more easily fix them. It also serves to advertise the paid version of Yoast SEO since the plugin offers to create a redirect to fix 404 errors but then lets you know the feature is only available to paying customers.

Continue reading: http://www.specializeddigitalmarketing.com/yoast-seo-plugin-now-with-google-search-console-integrati...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Yoast SEO Plugin Now With Google Search Console Integration

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Awesome. I'm definitely more PPC than SEO these days, but I've found and used the Yoast plugin for years on my own site. It seems pretty easy to use. I actually need to go back and do some updates, I'm sure!

Re: Yoast SEO Plugin Now With Google Search Console Integration

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
No doubt, WordPress evolves with the web and there are some frequent updates...