2.2K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

“TrueView in-display” set to relaunch as “TrueView discovery” in June 2016

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Exciting times lay ahead for the video advertisers among us! TrueView in-display is being revamped and renamed to make way for a new and improved product, that being TrueView discovery. While there are some significant changes being made, here are just a few quick points to whet your appetite:

• The ability to engage your most qualified audience at key moments of discovery across YouTube and partner sites.
  • Ads on YouTube will be matched more tightly to search queries.
  • CPVs have dropped to in-stream levels.
  • The inventory has doubled, therefore surpassing in-stream.
  • The aesthetics of the ads have improved.
  • Third party tracking compatibility will be available in the near future.

With video marketing growing year on year, it’s exactly this sort of update we should be embracing, especially if we haven’t got to grips with video advertising ourselves yet. People are spending more and more time on YouTube, with the average session now lasting 40 minutes. Take the opportunity while you can and keep your eyes peeled for TrueView discovery in June to learn more!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: “TrueView in-display” set to relaunch as “TrueView discovery” in June 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Scotty, Thanks for the update, really nice to see you!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Re: “TrueView in-display” set to relaunch as “TrueView discovery” in June 2016

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
I think video will be more and more important as time goes on. Right now too many small businesses just don't think they can do video or do not think they can sell anything through video ads.