2K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

New Improvements to Store Visits Reporting

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

This week has seen the update of a long-requested feature regarding Store Visits reporting. Store Visit thresholds have been moved from the account-level to the MCC-level and, as a result, it’s expected that significantly more customers will get Store Visits and that visits will be available for all accounts in an MCC.

In order to report Store Visits, a sufficient number of real observed visits are required in order to protect users’ privacy and report visits with a high degree of accuracy. Previously, visits were aggregated at the account level, which would occasionally result in customers not getting visits for smaller accounts. Going forward, aggregation is performed on the MCC level, which will result in customers who meet thresholds getting visits for all accounts within an MCC provided they have Google My Business linked and have 75%+ of their locations in common.

Google understands that measurement insights like Store Visits help to make business-critical decisions about how we manage and optimize our marketing campaigns. With this being the case, Google are continuing to evolve their measurement technology with the intention to increase the number of store visits that can be reported on while maintaining a high bar of accuracy. Strict and conservative confidence thresholds are therefore being maintained for the data we see in AdWords. Store Visits are only reported on when the data meets the highest standard of accuracy, otherwise it’s not shown at all.

This reporting is achieved by taking the following factors into account:

• Google Maps searches or navigation to the location.
  • Google web searches.
  • The strength and accuracy of location signals (GPS, wifi, etc).
  • Google’s historical accuracy in identifying visitors to your locations.

The confidence in each of these factors is then evaluated; a visit is only counted and reported on in AdWords when the combination of these factors leads to a high level of confidence that there was a visit.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is really cool!  Is there a blog article out yet that explains this?  I'd love to share with clients.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I haven't been able to find an article @Shanee_Kirk but I'll let you know if I come across one!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.