2.8K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Maximize conversions with Smart Bidding

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

At the end of last month we were introduced to “a new Smart Bidding strategy that automatically sets the right bid for each auction to help get you the most conversions within your daily budget.” Maximize Conversions uses advanced machine learning to achieve a number of things:

• To drive informed, accurate bidding decisions.
  • To deliver unparalleled optimization frequency and precision that adjusts bids for every auction.
  • To use a rich set of auction-time signals used to capture contextual relevance for every unique search.

Even with a limited budget, this new strategy will drive as many conversions as possible, while also saving you time as it takes the guesswork out of trying to manually optimize bids. Additionally, Google’s machine learning continually learns and optimizes bids for each individual auction, meaning that you can dedicate more time to other areas of your account which require more of a human input.

As usual, Google has provided us with a few best practices to get the most out of this new feature:

GP Article Table.png

To get started with the Maximize Conversions bidding strategy, simply follow the following instructions:

1. Click into your campaign and navigate to the Settings tab.
  2. Scroll down until you see the Bid strategy section and then click on Edit beside your current strategy.
  3. Click on Change big strategy to expand a new section.
  4. Then from the drop-down menu, select Maximize conversions.

GP Article Shot.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this!  I found this about a week ago and so far have seen an increase in conversions by using the new maximize conversions.  A very nice tool! 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'm glad to hear that you're having success with it @John Anderson!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.