2.3K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Mastering The New Mobile Friendly Test On Your Website

Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

Have you tried out the new Google Mobile Friendly Test http://goo.gl/AYbDeu  on your website yet? It is a lot harder to pass with flying (green) colors than the most recent mobile friendly test on Google Search Console. The new test is like a combination of that test from Search Console and the speed test from Page Speed Insights. 

Google is serious about mobile because the market is serious about mobile. More than 50% of all the searches on Google are done via mobile devices now. Google is responding by atively engaging with the mobile platform. 

Once the new test came out I had to try it right away. I found I had some work to do. I was lucky because I have been pretty actively trying to stay on top of changes on the web and to make my site rank as high as I could on the WooRank test tool so I did not have that much to do to get my site to the point where I scored green in all three areas measured by the test.

new google mobile friendly test results .jpgI think that having green scores in all three areas is a realistic goal for any site owner whereas getting up to 100% may be unrealistic for many. Speed is a very important ranking factor in the eyes of Google and having website landing pages that are optimized for mobile is important for mobile advertising too I would think.

I included the shot of my own test scores because I am proud of what I have accomplished but also to show that it is possible to do it. I am curious as to how many of you are in the process of optimizing your own site or client sites for mobile. Also whether you are or intend to optimize landing pages for mobile ad campaigns for clients.

I would be happy to try to answer any optimization questions and would love to see people post their own mobile test results in reply :-)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mastering The New Mobile Friendly Test On Your Website

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Congratulations Mike on getting in the green and for your willingness to answer questions! Has anyone else tried the test out?

Krisha