2.3K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

How digital shapes the auto customer journey

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Think with Google offers a fascinating granular view of the key auto shopping moments that occur throughout a consumer's car-buying process. Survey data from Luth Research mapped 900 digital interactions that a 32-year-old mother expecting her third child took leading to her auto lease.

Follow a detailed look at "Stacy's" car-buying journey. Some highlights:

• 71% of her digital interactions occurred on mobile.
  • Her journey included over 900 digital touchpoints over a three-month period.
  • Of those 900 interactions, she searched Google 139 – presenting presenting 139 opportunities for auto marketers to meet her with relevant and useful content
  • She explored 14 brands, considered six brands, and decided between two brands.

Each of Stacy’s interactions fell into five categories of micromoments. They are:

• Which-car-is-best moments
• Is-it-right-for-me moments
• Can-I-afford-it moments
• Where-should-I-buy-it moments
* Am-I-getting-a-deal moments

Read the full article on Think with Google

For an even more comprehensive look at the consumer trends behind the auto shopping moments, check out "The 5 Auto Shopping Moments Every Brand Must Own."

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How digital shapes the auto customer journey

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is nearly spot on to my recent search of new vehicles, @Google Partners, so I enjoyed the comparison and agree with this case study. 

I would say that by the end of 2016, digital interactions on mobile will be much higher. 

Thanks for sharing this.

Re: How digital shapes the auto customer journey

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
A very informative read for those of us who run PPC for auto dealerships. Thanks for the share.