2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me

How digital shapes the auto customer journey

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Think with Google offers a fascinating granular view of the key auto shopping moments that occur throughout a consumer's car-buying process. Survey data from Luth Research mapped 900 digital interactions that a 32-year-old mother expecting her third child took leading to her auto lease.

Follow a detailed look at "Stacy's" car-buying journey. Some highlights:

• 71% of her digital interactions occurred on mobile.
  • Her journey included over 900 digital touchpoints over a three-month period.
  • Of those 900 interactions, she searched Google 139 – presenting presenting 139 opportunities for auto marketers to meet her with relevant and useful content
  • She explored 14 brands, considered six brands, and decided between two brands.

Each of Stacy’s interactions fell into five categories of micromoments. They are:

• Which-car-is-best moments
• Is-it-right-for-me moments
• Can-I-afford-it moments
• Where-should-I-buy-it moments
* Am-I-getting-a-deal moments

Read the full article on Think with Google

For an even more comprehensive look at the consumer trends behind the auto shopping moments, check out "The 5 Auto Shopping Moments Every Brand Must Own."

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How digital shapes the auto customer journey

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is nearly spot on to my recent search of new vehicles, @Google Partners, so I enjoyed the comparison and agree with this case study. 

I would say that by the end of 2016, digital interactions on mobile will be much higher. 

Thanks for sharing this.

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile

Re: How digital shapes the auto customer journey

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
A very informative read for those of us who run PPC for auto dealerships. Thanks for the share.