2.3K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics | User Explorer

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

A new set of reports in Google Analytics lets you perform analysis of anonymized individual interactions with your websites and apps. User Explorer utilizes existing anonymous Google Analytics data to deliver incremental insights that marketers need to improve and optimize their sites and apps. The feature is now available in the Audience section of Google Analytics.

The User Explorer report lets you isolate and examine individual rather than aggregate user behavior. Individual user behavior is associated with either Client-ID or User-ID.

user-report-analytics.jpg

Understanding aggregate behavior is important when you’re managing large efforts, for example, campaigns that target large geographic areas. Understanding individual behavior is important when you want to personalize the user experience, or when you need to gain insight into or troubleshoot a specific user experience: for example if you want to analyze the behavior of a user who has an unusually high average order value or see where a user ran into trouble with placing an order.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics | User Explorer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you started using these reports? I still tend to get most of my data by what can be imported into Adwords.

Re: Google Analytics | User Explorer

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Shanee_Kirk,

We pull some reports from Adwords... but the majority of our reports are generated by Analytics, including these. Google Analytics is just so awesome for data crunching. We also use Google Search Console, too.

Reporting Sources:

• Google Analytics - 60%
  • Google Adwords - 20%
  • Google Search Console - 20%