Partners
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Goal conversion - would a URL with # work?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi guys,

A form on example.com/form (step 1 of form) that when submitted, turns to a example.com/form/# (step 2 of form) and when that form is completed, it turns to a example.com/thanks

In the goal tracking, would I be able to track that second form by entering the URLs as-is?

Thanks!

Re: Goal conversion - would a URL with # work?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mark, on example.com/form/# is (Ajax) window with something as button? Is possible to get on this page iframe with html code f.e. example.com/step2

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi Tomas!!

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. Totally missed this. I really miss the Google Plus community. Smiley Sad
Anyway, there doesn't seem to be an iframe, but yes there is a button on the form/# page which is the 2nd form. And when that button is pressed, it moves to the third and final page.

Is that what you meant?
Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Mark, can you do virtual pages? This example do, when somebody click on link called button, in GA you see new page /landing-page-step2 Then in GA you can set up as second step this page. I am not sure, how your button look like.

<a href=”https://www.example.com/thanks” onClick=”ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’, ‘/landing-page-step2’);“>button / input</a>

Tomas

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

@Tomas M wrote:
Mark, can you do virtual pages? This example do, when somebody click on link called button, in GA you see new page /landing-page-step2 Then in GA you can set up as second step this page. I am not sure, how your button look like.

<a href=”https://www.example.com/thanks” onClick=”ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’, ‘/landing-page-step2’);“>button / input</a>

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I did something similar, but only for the thanks page. See below:

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 8.07.14 PM.png

However, this has caused two problems:

Problem #1: It shows up as a double number in the funnel so it says 4 instead of 2 that went in the funnel:

Screen_Shot_2016-05-06_at_8_08_45_PM.png

Problem #2: On the landing pages, it shows the /thanks page AND the index page as having conversions:

Screen_Shot_2016-05-06_at_8_11_10_PM.png