2.8K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Automatic Upgrade for Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

There is an exciting change ready to happen next week for those of us using Display Remarketing campaigns. Static ads are going to be automatically upgraded to dynamic text ads without any action or effort required on our part. Our campaigns should yield better performance with the upgrade, as advertisers saw 34% more spend and 67% more conversions during an experiment phase.

Due to the nature of dynamic remarketing, this change will only affect retail advertisers using a Google Merchant Center. A product feed from the linked Google Merchant Center account will be selected using the following criteria:

1.) A Shopping campaign feed that has an active spend of more than $100 over the last month.

2.) If multiple feeds are available, the system will only select the feed with more than 50% of the Shopping campaign spend within an AdWords account. If no feed meets this condition then no feed will be selected.

3.) The system will validate that there are sufficient product IDs matching the feed it selects to attach. The product IDs come from either the advertiser tag (if the advertiser implemented the tag parameters for Dynamic Remarketing) or are inferred by Google's tag automation technology.

If you would like to learn more about Dynamic Remarketing before the upgrade occurs next week, then feel free to check out the official Help Center documentation here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for the info, @ScottyD

Miss seeing you around... hope life is treating you super great.

Cheers,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The feeling is mutual @James_Clemens! I hope everything is well with you Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.