Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Display Remarketing | Let's Go!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Do you have a website set up and some text ads streaming in AdWords but want to do more to capture potential customers? 

Well, let's go... with Display Remarketing.

While Google AdWords is geared towards allowing you to "bid & place" within their auction system of placements--which determines where your ads are shown--we have another option that works a little differently, although with the same auction-based system. This other option is Remarketing.

With AdWords Display Remarketing campaigns, you get to target precisely those that have visited your website or used your app so you are targeting someone that has already shown a level of interest in your products or services. How cool is that?

You know without a doubt that they have already checked you out, but they did not complete the sale, so now you can have another chance to win them over. AdWords will use their systems to continue to show your ads to them across the web as they surf other websites (search partners), which will greatly improve your chances of regaining their attention. That is absolutely cool!

Before you get started, there are a few things to consider, like setting up your property with the remarketing tag, lists, and following some basic guidelines, which are all pretty straight forward and reasonable on all accounts.

Create your first Display Remarketing Campaign

Google Best Practices: Display Remarketing

Download a printable version of the guide and checklist so you can get right to it!

Note: There are other Remarketing products you can put to use with your AdWords campaigns.While I am focusing on Display Remarketing, all of them are great for what they are intended to do... remarket, retarget... regain those wandering prospective customers!

Here is the complete list of Remarketing options:

• Standard remarketing: Show ads to your past visitors as they browse Display Network websites and use Display Network apps.
  • Dynamic remarketing: Boost your results with dynamic remarketing, which takes remarketing to the next level with ads that include products or services that people viewed on your website.
  • Remarketing for mobile apps: Show ads to people who have used your mobile app or mobile website as they use other mobile apps or browse other mobile websites.
  • Remarketing lists for search ads: Show ads to your past visitors as they do follow-up searches for what they need on Google, after leaving your website.
  • Video remarketing: Show ads to people who have interacted with your videos or YouTube channel as they use YouTube and browse Display Network videos, websites, and apps.
  • Email-list remarketing: With Customer Match, upload a list of email addresses that your customers have given you. When those people are signed in to Google Search, YouTube, or Gmail, you can show them ads.

I hope you will give Remarketing a try and let us know how you used it and what you think. If you have already employed it, feel free to add to this discussion with your tips, tricks and interesting thoughts.

Kind Regards,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run Dynamic Shopping remarketing with one of my larger shopping clients, although the CPA is a lot higher(2x) the ROAS is about the same at 20 times so I would consider it successful. Standard Remarketing with a standard smart list brings in a $1-3 CPA on average and a 62.61 alltime ROAS

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Anthony A,

That is great to hear. Thanks for adding to this discussion. 

All the best,

James