5K members online now
Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics IQ Certification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have signed up in Google partners, I'm working in digital marketing department of an MNC company but the company is not a digital marketing agency, Would that be a problem? I have been through the study materials which are given for the exam,

Am I violating any rules here? Please guide me, I'm new to  this community but I have experience in Google Analytics & Adwords. If that cause any problems how can I delete my current account?

Regards,

Abhi

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhilash P
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Abhilash P,

You are welcome... and no worries, you are welcome to use Google Partners to learn and grow your skills and certifications... no active AdWords campaigns required, none. And no agency involvement is needed, none. 

Sign up in your personal name, study take tests, learn for your personal use... and then one day turn it into a career, job, personal advantage to know the material and hold the certifications personally.

Cheers,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Abhilash,

Welcome to the community, great question, check out Qualifying for Google Partner status

I am sure one of our experts @J Clemens will have some good feedback as well! 

Check out the community guidelines as well to get more familiar with the forum. 

Welcome. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Abhilash P,

As Spencer said already, welcome to the community. (Thanks for the tag, Spencer).

No, you are not doing anything wrong and we are pleased to hear you are active with Google Analytics & AdWords... and want to learn more and get certified. Google Partners is designed for advertising agencies to excel at what we do for our clients, but it is also the official certification system for all individuals, too. The study material, insights & data, advice, and certifications upon passing the tests are all yours. So, in essence, you are right where you belong. 

Even when someone finishes Google's Analytics Academy, they test at the Google Partners Portal. Be sure to join up, if you have not already. I think you will really enjoy the style of learning and the journey it takes you on. 

Please dig in and visit us often here in the community and participate and interact with us. There are some great Expert Article departments filled with great content for you to enjoy, too.

Google Partners - Expert Articles

Google AdWords - Expert Articles

Google Analytics - Expert Articles

If we can help with anything further, please just let us know.

Kind Regards,

James 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You James for the answer,

I have experience in Google Analytics & Adwords, but I'm not having any active campaigns or spending money in Adwords. I'm used to manage company Adwords account but I have own analytics account. I like to attend Google Analytics certification test.

Qn 1: So Signing up in Google partners is not violating any rules?  Bcoz I'm not a part of any digital marketing agency.

Qn 2: If I'm not a part of any digital marketing agency and have no affiliation with any Google Partner, then Can I sign up as Google Partner and attend Adwords and Analytis Exam Both?

I'm little worried about the rules, that's why I'm asking questions again.

Regards,

Abhi

I'm not cleared about that

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhilash P
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Abhilash P,

You are welcome... and no worries, you are welcome to use Google Partners to learn and grow your skills and certifications... no active AdWords campaigns required, none. And no agency involvement is needed, none. 

Sign up in your personal name, study take tests, learn for your personal use... and then one day turn it into a career, job, personal advantage to know the material and hold the certifications personally.

Cheers,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Again Thank You @James_Clemens

For clearing my doubts and welcoming me to this community.

This is my final Question I assure, No more Questions,

Qn: If I'm not a part of any digital marketing agency and have no affiliation with any Google Partner, then Can I sign up as Google Partner and attend Adwords and Analytis Exam Both?

Meaning No offense,  

Thank You,

Abhi

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Abhilash P,

You are very welcome. 

You might like reading this information I created a few months ago that talks about being a member of Google Partners versus being a badged Google Partner... and more.

Please enjoy yourself and learn all you can. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been scratching my head for a few days over this but no matter what I do or try the Analytics exam just doesn't load up, all the other things (adword exams) work but once I click on analytics under the certifications section, then it shows rounds on loading and that's that? Any idea why this is happening ?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @playxo,

I would suggest to log out of all your Google accounts and clear your web browser. Next, make sure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome and that you do not have any browser extensions like AdBlock, UBlock, etc.. as these can play oddly with Google services. Next, log back in to only your Google account that your Google Partners account is under (for testing) and see what happens. 

Please let us know the outcome.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello James,

Thank you so much James, I have tried the suggestions and sadly I'm still facing the same challenge, this has happened ever since I finished my adwords certification a couple of days ago (any connection with that?). I've tried using a different laptop and every possible combination with your suggestions as well but I seem to be stuck with this.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil