Gain advanced product knowledge to help you make the most of your campaigns
Guide Me

A new book about Google Analytics is now available

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
This was pulled from the Google Partners - North America G+ Community
Author: Malik Velani

As Top Contributor @Spencer_Wade noted recently (, there's a new book out about how to best use Analytics and AdWords, and here are three reasons you should give it a read:

1. It was penned by Benjamin Mangold of Loves Data, a Google Analytics Certified Partner.
2. Justin Cutroni has some nice things to say about it, including that the information contained within is "very actionable."
3. It includes a foreword by Avinash Kaushik. Case closed.

We'd love to hear your reviews of Mangold's book after you've had a chance to read it.
Author: Klint Rudolph
It's a great book!  I bought it when @Spencer_Wade posted about it!  My favorite chapters are on the Analytics Behavior tab, Goals, Reporting (some nice nuggets in here about how and what to look for in marketing campaigns), Using Reports chapter, Tracking chapter and there's some great info on Tag Manager as well!  Highly recommend this book!
The Adwords Chapters have some very basic info on account structure, developing a campaign, etc.  The Analytics sections go over very basic info like how Analytics actually works, etc.  Then there are some really great insights on how to use both systems and specifically what to look for.  I would call it more of a manual.  Something you're gonna keep around and keep going back to when things come up that may not be part of your day to day routine. i.e. event tracking.  Not something I do everyday, but when I create them, I often forget to now goal in and create a goal assigned to that event.  So there are good reminders and good explanations for things you may not do all the time.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A new book about Google Analytics is now available

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Thanks for moving this one over!