5 ways to amplify TV dollars with digital[ Edited ]
March 2016 - last edited March 2016
This was pulled from the Google Partners Community.
Author: Malik Velani
The presenters in this Hangout on Air from the official Analytics YouTube channel explain how to turn TV insights into measurable actions, and offer a fascinating look at the evolution of TV measurement. Here is an overview:
• TV has traditionally been measured in terms of what was aired and who saw it, but it has not really been looked at in terms of the effectiveness of TV ads.
• With the Internet, more precision has been added, with researchers able to get minute-by-minute updates on audience sizes, but there is still not enough emphasis on effectiveness.
• Around 2013, a number of digital tools were available offering precise measurements; however, linear TV still dominated.
• With the rise of smartphones and the second screen, TV is no longer a one-way advertising medium. Advertisers were now able reach an engaged audience.
• More recently, advertisers have started to measure brand lift, whether viewers are visiting their websites or searching for their product after viewing a TV ad?
Watch this recorded Hangout to learn more from Dave Barney, Product Manager at Google Analytics, and additional digital attribution experts.
3 Expert replyverified_user