AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

why the setting of ad rotation of my campaign can not edit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Community Member,

Now I am running ads on display network only-Mobile apps. I set bid strategy focusing on conversions, but the setting of ad rotation is auto-populated as "Optimize for clicks", and i can not edit the setting.

Does the type of display network only-Mobile apps not support the rotation of "Optimize for conversions"?

Thanks very much!

Sophie

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why the setting of ad rotation of my campaign can not edit?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

When you select to optimize for conversions, you're not able to change the ad rotation--this gives the software the "freedom" it needs to try to serve your ads in a way that produces the most conversions.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theresa
Thanks for your reply. I set the bid strategy focusing on conversion optimizer,but i do not set the ad rotation-- it is automatically set as "Optimize for clicks". So how does Conversion Optimizer work if ad roation setting is "Optimize for clicks"?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

You can't get conversions without clicks--so optimizing your ads for clicks is one step in the process of optimizing your campaign for conversions.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theresa,

I came across this issue too and I just wanted to ask if there is any way to opt out of the automatic optimization for clicks and choose to show my ads evenly? I would rather optimize manually...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
hey Lingling & zeltzers,

I must say I am a little confused by this issue, are you sure that you are looking in the correct place? I have my display campaigns on bid for conversions and am able to change my ad rotation setting. If you attempt to change them directly underneath the bid and budget settings, in other words the "Delivery method (advanced)", that is the incorrect place.

If you look further down on the setting page under Advanced
You will find a subheading called "Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping"
There you can set the rotation of your ads as you would like them to be set.

A word of warning, make sure you know exactly what it is you are changing and why before making changes here. Read the link below first:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

After which I would do some research on the subject from other sources as well to fully understand the meaning of each setting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,

Thanks for your answer. I guess that your confusion comes from the fact that I forgot to mention that the campaign type I'm dealing with is "Display Network only - Ads in mobile apps".

For this campaign type the settings look a bit different than on regular campaigns. What is really making me a hard time is that next to the advanced option "Ad rotation
Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks", I've got no "Edit" option whatsoever. Can't send you a screenshot here, but trust me, no 'Edit' is there.

Is there any other way to edit the ad rotation for this type of campaign? Is there something that I missed or for this campaign type Google doesn't allow to edit the ad rotation?

Thank you in advance,
Simona

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Please go back and read Theresa's answer... if you choose to use conversion optimizer, you are basically saying to Google - do your best to get as many conversions as you can with my budget. If you choose this option you cannot then say - but you've got to rotate my ads - you can't use only the one which is bringing the most clicks, or the one that converts best...

You can either choose to manage yourself, or let Google manage things - but you cannot have a combination of both.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Zeltzers,

I have actually yet to work with this campaign type, but from research and basic testing I have discovered what you are referring too and unfortunately it would seem that ad rotation is disabled in this campaign sub-type. The actual adwords page does not say much about avaiable features within the sub-type of Display but you can see them all here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043

So in summary, with mobile app targeting, ad rotation settings are disabled at the moment,

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey stickleback,

You are able to optimise for conversions and set your ad rotation in certain campaigns (Search -all features, Search with display select and most display type campaigns). This feature is used for ad testing while allowing google to adjust bids and select the users to show the ads too without skewing the delivery of your ads.