AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

why is my conversion rate is slowly steeping down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that the CPC conversion rate has fallen sharply to 0.15% from the 0.6% in the past.  While the Organic Google search conversion remains 0.67%.  and almost coming towards zero

kindly please tell me what is the actual cause for it

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why is my conversion rate is slowly steeping down

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to our community, beebay.

If the conversion rate for one medium is decreasing, it can mean several things, but the most common reason might be an increase in irrelevant traffic.

That can happen, again, for several reasons. Sometimes when you bid more and you get your ads showing in higher positions you do get more clicks, but from less interested people who just click one of the first ads.

Other times it can happen when you add keywords, and they begin to attract irrelevant search queries, which ultimately do not convert.

Also, it can happen when you either loosen the keyword match types (move from exact to phrase match or from phrase match to broad match).

What you should do though is look at data in context, and compare the current period with the past period. How did your position vary, what search terms did you attract then and now, and where were they landed.

It's a pretty complex process so get ready to look at AdWords, Analytics, and maybe a bit of Excel or another spreadsheet  application as well.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.