AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

why does the ad preview show my ad, and the actual google page does not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: why does the ad preview show my ad, and the actual google page does not?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi denman, and welcome to the forum.  There are a few reasons why you may not see your Ad when you search for it yourself.

1. You may be outside the targeted region or do not match other targeting restrictions such as demographics.
  2. Your Ad may not be scheduled to run at that time.
  3. Your daily budget may be insufficient to show your Ad for each possible impression.
  4. You may have altered the way Google displays Ads to you by your own searches.

Of these, the most likely suggestions are probably the last two.  Either your budget is insufficient to show the Ad every time it could be shown or the search results you see are specific to you because of searches you have previously made on your own Keyword(s).

It really is best to trust the statistics provided by Google when it comes to knowing if your Ad is showing or not.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Although you're not seeing ads on the right-hand side of the page (or at the top), that doesn't mean ads aren't appearing there. You may be outside the geographic region of the campaign(s) serving ads on those keywords or you may be searching at a time when those ads aren't active.

Jon is correct that repeatedly searching for your own ads in the 'live' environment will eventually result in you never seeing your ads. Google stops showing those ads to people who search repeatedly but ignore an ad or ads. The more you look for your own ads, the less likely you are to see them.

There are two dollar figures in play here. First, your daily click budget, which controls how many clicks your campaign can afford in a day. Second, your keyword bid, which affects how often your ad might be triggered and where it appears on the page. If you're bidding considerably below the competitive range for your keyword(s) and your ads don't have a good, long-term CTR to offset that, to raise your ad rank, then your ads won't appear high on the page--regardless of what your competitors might be doing.

Finally, let me suggest that you review this article for a fuller explanation of the "I can't see my ad" problem. Smiley Happy

Please feel free to post further details if you're still not sure you understand the situation!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

why does the ad preview tool show my ad, and the actual google page does not?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi denman, and welcome to the forum.  There are a few reasons why you may not see your Ad when you search for it yourself.

1. You may be outside the targeted region or do not match other targeting restrictions such as demographics.
  2. Your Ad may not be scheduled to run at that time.
  3. Your daily budget may be insufficient to show your Ad for each possible impression.
  4. You may have altered the way Google displays Ads to you by your own searches.

Of these, the most likely suggestions are probably the last two.  Either your budget is insufficient to show the Ad every time it could be shown or the search results you see are specific to you because of searches you have previously made on your own Keyword(s).

It really is best to trust the statistics provided by Google when it comes to knowing if your Ad is showing or not.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for taking the time John,

All great answers, My budget is good for my ads, my ad  is showing on the first page in the ad preview tool. But like I mentioned when I do a live search for the same key word it does not show on the first page?.
I also noticed that google will not show any adds on the right side for some key words, but will show a few on the top left and at the very bottom left?! What's up with that? If you have a good budget, great key word, and an ad that corresponds with the landing page? why does it not show up as most ads do on the right side?

Thanks again for taking the time
Regards,

The DenMan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Although you're not seeing ads on the right-hand side of the page (or at the top), that doesn't mean ads aren't appearing there. You may be outside the geographic region of the campaign(s) serving ads on those keywords or you may be searching at a time when those ads aren't active.

Jon is correct that repeatedly searching for your own ads in the 'live' environment will eventually result in you never seeing your ads. Google stops showing those ads to people who search repeatedly but ignore an ad or ads. The more you look for your own ads, the less likely you are to see them.

There are two dollar figures in play here. First, your daily click budget, which controls how many clicks your campaign can afford in a day. Second, your keyword bid, which affects how often your ad might be triggered and where it appears on the page. If you're bidding considerably below the competitive range for your keyword(s) and your ads don't have a good, long-term CTR to offset that, to raise your ad rank, then your ads won't appear high on the page--regardless of what your competitors might be doing.

Finally, let me suggest that you review this article for a fuller explanation of the "I can't see my ad" problem. Smiley Happy

Please feel free to post further details if you're still not sure you understand the situation!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Theresa,

Your response was very helpfull and so was Jon's.

Regards,

Denis

Re: why does the ad preview show my ad, and the actual google page doe

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi;
I am facing the worst problem in my Google adwords campaign and I hope that you guys can help me in solving that.
Problems:
My Ads and Keywords are approved and scheduled, but when I select a Keyword or Ad and Check it using the status balloon it shows me this message: "Showing ads right now? NO" and "Your ad isn't scheduled to run right now"
I have checked so many times about schedule Ad but it is still saying that your Ad is not scheduled. I dont know what to do?
Another Question is: How can I check which Keyword(s) are not approved by Google Adwords? I know using a Trademark in an Ad or Keyword is not allowed, but the problem is I am using general terms Like one of my Keyword is "smartphone broken lcd" and my demographic region is Europe, but it is still giving me notification that your Ad is not showing to the regions/countries because it has trademark issue. I don't know what is going on with Google Adwords?

Please help me to resolve the above mentioned issues as soon as possible.
Thanks and Best Regards,