AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

where to find the origin of the remarketing list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

I would like to know where I can find where visitors on my remarketing list(s) comes from, which site. I have an adwords account for two and two seperate websites, well only difference is targeted country so otherwise they are the same. Anyway, I havne't created the remarketing list myself and i suspect one remarketing campaign uses visitors from the wrong domain/subdomain. I just want to check this, but cant find it. In audiences under library i only see "remarketing list ID" and the number but not how it actually gets the information. 

So how can i find this? Please Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: where to find the origin of the remarketing list

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Joanna,

#1 I strongly recommend that you use Universal Analytics to build your audiences, they are far more powerful. You can create 'segments' based on traffic from specific referring URLs which you know are more likely to convert and then import them into AdWords for remarketing.

#2 Google Tag Assistant is a great tool to see if the right remarketing codes have been implemented on your website. You can download Tag Assistant from the link below:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: where to find the origin of the remarketing list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, that is probably a good input. WIll it work the same for Google analytics?

But still, is there any chance i can find this information form somewhere? Smiley Happy I dont want to just remove the list if it is working... And i cant make a new one right away.