AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

where are adwords editor files stored on computer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today I upgraded to Yosemite on my Mac.

The Adwords Editor from the previous version is blank and shows no tools.

How can I find the data that I had downloaded (from accounts I no longer have access to) and import into the new Adwords Editor?

Where are the files stored on a Mac?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: where are adwords editor files stored on computer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jon C,

I'm not a Mac user but I think this article might help you. If you can follow that filepath then I reckon everything else will be there also.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@ScottyD - This is a good thought. I followed it and it appears to be the path for the new version.

This would be easier if the old version 10.6.0 wasn't frozen on my system. Google, is there any way you can unfreeze these? The message I get when I open the old version supplies a link to the new that isn't even clickable. It appears that with this frozen I can't backup, can't export... basically can't do anything but search for files.

But I don't have any idea what file type it may be even... xml, txt, csv, dat? Anyone know?

Thanks,
Jon

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

I don't believe you'll be able to reload data from accounts you no longer have access to, unless you exported backups of the data before you upgraded.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*