AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

when google forward number will get activate in call extensions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have created a ad group with call extensions (Google Forwarding number), its been a week it got 10 clicks(including all ads), But I could not see google number/any number in any of the ads in my ad group. When it will start showing? What has to be done to show the call extensions. please help me out.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: when google forward number will get activate in call extensions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dhivya,

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. The extensions will be added to your ads when your ads are served.

Are you able to review the performance of your ad extensions as outlined here? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I wanted to know when "call extension" feature with " google forwarding number " in adwords will get start activating once added in the ad group. Somewhere I read it needs minimum clicks to show the google forwarding number. Is that true?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dhivya,

Unfortunately, I don't have a direct answer for this. The verbiage I think you're referring to is from here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Under the section: "Your call extensions or Google forwarding number aren't appearing"

"When you add a phone number to your ad and enable call extensions, your phone number will be displayed on desktop search and appear as a clickable button on mobile devices. For legacy campaigns, your call extension will be displayed on desktop search only if you are using a Google forwarding number. For campaigns that have been upgraded to enhanced settings, your call extension can show on desktop even if you are not using a Google forwarding number. Keep in mind that your ad group will have to receive a minimum number of clicks to be able to show a Google forwarding number. There is no minimum click requirement to show call extensions, but extensions may not show all the time due to space, quality, and other constraints.

If you've enabled call extensions with a Google forwarding number (currently available to customers in the US and UK), you can get detailed reporting on calls dialed to that number. However, to show a forwarding number, your call extensions need to get a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period."

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’