AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

what to do with keyword that you copy to another adgroup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about the keyword that you copy. first off I'm surprised that you don't have the option to just move a keyword from an adgroup or campaign to another. if you copy a keyword to another adgroup/campaign, technically you have a duplicate keyword. usually I don't copy a well performing keyword. but if a keyword is not performing, and after I pause it, I find out it may have better opportunities in another adgroup, I copy it to that adgroup. but the original is still in the previous adgroup, paused. does the paused keyword affect the performance of either adgroup? or is it more recommended to delete the original and just keep the copy? any assistance will be appreciated. thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: what to do with keyword that you copy to another adgroup?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Hazem E, 

Welcome to adwords, 

If you want to copy your keywords from one campaign to another campaign, you can use adwords editor. Its offline tools 

AdWords Editor is a free, downloadable application for managing your AdWords advertising campaigns. The basic process is simple: download your account, edit your campaigns offline, then upload your changes to AdWords.

In a single campaign you should not use same keywords in two adgroup, If will not trigger your ads, Google confuse from which keywords your ads will trigger. 

Hope it helps you. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Hazem E, 

Welcome to adwords, 

If you want to copy your keywords from one campaign to another campaign, you can use adwords editor. Its offline tools 

AdWords Editor is a free, downloadable application for managing your AdWords advertising campaigns. The basic process is simple: download your account, edit your campaigns offline, then upload your changes to AdWords.

In a single campaign you should not use same keywords in two adgroup, If will not trigger your ads, Google confuse from which keywords your ads will trigger. 

Hope it helps you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

suman

thank you for your response but I'm not sure it answers my question. I agree with you that duplicate keywords are not good. that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. here's the situation: I have a low performing keyword in adgroup #1. I pause it. then I think that the keyword may be performing better in adgroup #2. now I have 2 copies of the same keyword. one paused in adgroup #1 and one active in adgroup #2. my question is: what should I do with the paused keyword in adgroup #1. will it still be considered duplicate if it's paused? also will it affect my campaign negatively if I just delete it from adgroup #1 and keep it in adgroup #2? thank you.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Hazem E, 

It won't effect either way. You and keep it pause or delete it. It won't effect any kind of performance. Just to avoid the crowd of the keyword delete your law performing keyword. 

Hope it helps you.