AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

what is the difference between standard delivery and "limited by budget" campaign status?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As my understanding there are two delivery settings, standard delivery vs Accelerated.

How to explain "standard delivery" vs "limited by budget" ?  Is "standard delivery" a "limit by budget status?

PS. let me clarify my question. I've learned the following answers. They explain nothing! I am sorry for this.

If your ads only show to selected impression opportunities, and "limit by budget" also only show your ads to selected impression opportunities. I think they are the same thing. Your campaign is at the same state. There is no difference.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: what is the difference between standard delivery and "limited by budget" campaign stat

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi benpptung,

I think you may be confusing two different things here.

First, delivery method of ads can be set to standard and accelerated, as you mentioned.

From this page:

Standard delivery (the default option) tries to show your ads throughout the entire day to make sure that you don't spend your whole budget in the morning and cause your ads to stop showing for the rest of the day.

Accelerated delivery tries to show your ads as often as possible until your budget is reached. With this option, you're more likely to spend your full budget each day, but your ads can stop showing early in the day if your budget is spent.

Accelerated Delivery will run your budget out as fast as possible leading to 'Limited by Budget' messages to appear.

A 'Limited by budget' message is about your budget.  You can read more about this message and options to combat it here

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: what is the difference between standard delivery and "limited by budget" campaign stat

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi benpptung, I think you're confusing two different aspects of Adwords.  As you say, delivery of ads come in two "flavours"; standard and accelerated.  Standard delivery attempts to display your ads evenly over your specified daily period, accelerated delivery shows your ads as often as possible from the start of your day until the daily budget is exhausted.

"Limited by budget", is a warning within your account that simply means "you could show your ad more often/get more clicks if your budget was higher" and could apply equally to a delivery setting of Standard (where your ad would be shown more often wih a higher budget) or Accelerated (where your ad would be shown for longer on a higher budget).

The Limited by budget is a pretty common thing to see and if you don't want - or don't believe it's necessary - to increase your budget, it can just be ignored.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits