AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

what is the best way to use adwords remarketing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have a client who run a shop and want to use re-marketing to boost their business?

any more idea's on this issue would be very welcomed.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ernest i
September 2015

Re: what is the best way to use adwords remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Well, to start with, it's a good idea...

however, simply sending every visitor to your site back to your site is pointless.

Instead start segmenting your visitors by what they looked at, and how far along the buying funnel they got.

first break your visitors down into those who got the point of putting something in their cart - but didn't buy. These "cart abandoners" are a good segment to target.

You'll also want to set up another list to exclude those people who did buy....

If you are using one of the popular ecomm solutions you will also find that dynamic remarketing can be very effective when done well. Definitely worth looking at.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ernest i
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Well, to start with, it's a good idea...

however, simply sending every visitor to your site back to your site is pointless.

Instead start segmenting your visitors by what they looked at, and how far along the buying funnel they got.

first break your visitors down into those who got the point of putting something in their cart - but didn't buy. These "cart abandoners" are a good segment to target.

You'll also want to set up another list to exclude those people who did buy....

If you are using one of the popular ecomm solutions you will also find that dynamic remarketing can be very effective when done well. Definitely worth looking at.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think is the best answer for this question.
Thanks very much steve