AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

what is the best keyword format to use for my tree service ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help me to get better keyword scores and lower my cpc.I have a local tree service company in Raleigh,N.C.

Can I reduce Keyword list by using broad match/ Or Should I stay with Phrase match?

I am Spending Alot of money on clicks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: what is the best keyword format to use for my tree service ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi beardstree and welcome to the forum.

Although this may sound strange, sometimes it's easy to focus in the wrong place with AdWords.  When you say you're spending a lot of money on clicks and you want to lower your CPC, what you're actually saying is that you're not getting enough sales from the clicks you get and that can be a more helpful way of looking at the problem.  If you focus purely on trying to reduce the CPC and the cost, you can easily end up missing the real cause of the problem and you spend less, but you also get even fewer sales.

Can you share some details of your Account with us?  Your website URL, a couple of examples of your Keywords, maybe one Ad?  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Jon gives some great advice there beardstree!

One thing I would also say is that to work out which keywords are working the best for you, it can help to use your CTR and conversion rate as a guide.

If you have a CTR (or click through rate) of 1% or higher this is an indicator that your keyword is performing quite well. If you're not using it already, I'd also recommend using conversion tracking to see which of your clicks results in a conversion. These two factors can help you work out which keywords are working for you and which are not. This in turn can help inform your bidding strategy. 

Hope this helps!

A.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Is this the website, BeardsTree? http://www.beardstree.com/

The user name was kind of a giveaway, but in case it's not this one please tell us.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As far as I can see, your main services are clearly described on the homepage, so I'd simply take this list:

• tree removal
  • tree pruning
  • stump removal
  • storm damage

and put it in the Keyword Tool (https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool) and pick searches that I would think are related to my services. I would exclude the keyword "free", as it seems people search for that as well, and would try to only use exact and phrase match at first, to see how things are going, or use all three keyword matches and bid higher for exact, a little lower for phrase and even lower for broad match.

Also, I'd make sure the campaign is opted into mobile, I think it would be a very common situation to see someone realizing he's got some tree damage, reach for his phone and search for a company that provides a relevant service.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiii there my website is rajdhaniband.com, which types of keywords should i use for it 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Free tree estimates