AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

website address change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i change my website address?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author henk
September 2015

Re: website address change

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the step by step guide on how to edit your display and destination url .

More Power,
Loraine

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome to our growing community,

Are you planning to change the website address in your AdWords Account?

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Yes i have purchased a new domain and conected it to my website so now i need to change it on the google adds.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author henk
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the step by step guide on how to edit your display and destination url .

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Henk,

If you happen to have an extensive AdWords account, changing Display URL's and Destination URL's one at a time can become quite time consuming and cumbersome.

You can also use AdWords Editor to make multiple changes to your AdWords Account in very little time.

Here are a couple of additional resources you may find helpful:

What kinds of edits can I make with AdWords Editor?

Edit ad destination URLs via AdWords Editor

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey,

I totally agree with Tom.

Changing all DIsplay and destination URLs could be a pain.

The editor is an offline tool which will let you 'find and replace' all of your old URLs with the new one. And in a few minutes you will be ready to go live again!

Just a tip: do not replace/edit your ads. Please add new ads and have the new URL in that. Replacing the URL of the old ad will make you lose stats. so u'll never know what ad was working for you...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Henk,

I am sorry Shweta but I think even if you change Display & Destination URL from the existing ads. you can see stats as the ads will be there in account under status "Deleted Ads".

You can check stats for deleted Ads.

Don't forget & do change display and destination URL both.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’