AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

video streaming through a google flash banner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you do progressive video streaming through a google flash banner, if so what are the size/lengh requirements?

Im trying to do some flash banners and would like to stream a 1.2mb video through it. But I cant see if google allow this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: video streaming through a google flash banner

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Ishmael,

This resource lists all the requirements for image and Flash ads: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en. So it should answer your question!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi CocoP,

Thank you for replying to my question, unfortunately this link doesn't explain anything about streaming videos? I've seen these types of banners everywhere and am trying to reproduce one.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to what Coco said above, there are some third party ad options which are also available by invitation only for the Google Display Network. You might be interested in reviewing the process and the technical requirements associated with it. This is the link:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/94230?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks pankaj1782

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I've tried to upload my banner with in-stream video inside but adwords said it disallowed dus to Network access, is this because I'm not a part of the google display network? if so how do I become a part of them?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

If this is something related to the third party ad serving (the link I referred in my prior post), then you need to know that this is available by invitation only to a selected number of participants.

Also, did you read the technical specifications which are required for the type of ads you are trying to run?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj,

Yes I've followed all the requirements and my FLV file fits them. Does this mean if I want to fun this banner I'm going to have to be invited to the google display group?

I find this strange as I see allot of banners running FLV files in them?

I've tried to call google to get some clarification but they don't seem to know what their talking about?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello,

Honestly I haven't tried Third party ads but yes I do run Video campaigns for my clients where you simply need to create a video campaign and follow the correct procedure of creating video ads which are uploaded on Youtube channel and you are authorized to use them. You can run ads on Google Display Network and it doesn't require any sort of permission. Only thing is that you should adhere the advertising policies.

Another option is to try and use Display Ad Builder to create the display ads and choose the template whichever fits your requirements and then upload your ads. You might be interested in reviewing this link as well:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375463?hl=en&rd=1

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply, what I'll do is try and get into this google display network then hopefully that'll work.