AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

video placement on google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

Hi, Ive been contacted by a comapny that claims they have a patent for placing videos in search results, i would apericiate t f you could please tell me if this is true and or even possible. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

Best Regards,

Dr. Man

Re: video placement on google search

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Sure, anyone can patent something, if the patent office approves. Just because someone got a patent (pending, approved?) for an API program doesn't mean anything other than that they got a patent though.

You can't create video ads for the google search results. The only ads you can run for google search are either text, or product ads. (is there still a limited beta search image ads thing going on?)

You can promote them on you tube, (and there are many other video advertising options in adwords) but no "google search" video ads exist. Per-se.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Man,

Video ads could only be placed on Google display network including youtube search pages and view pages. It is not possible to place video ads on Google Search page.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Lots of local seo companies are now promoting the ability to rank a (YouTube) video in search results, so maybe that's what they are referring to.

If someone has received a patent, I'm sure they would be happy to give you the patent number and you could look it up.