AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

{unescapedlpurl} in Product Targets Destination URLs using Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to know if we can insert {unescapedlpurl} in destination URLs of Product targets, using Adwords Editor.

I am trying to do that but the Editor shows an Error mentioning "{unescapedlpurl} placeholders in destination URL are used incorrectly".

Please help.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: {unescapedlpurl} in Product Targets Destination URLs using Editor

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
The rule is that {unescapedlpurl}, can only appear at the beginning for a URL, but not the middle or end. So this is OK: {unescapedlpurl}/something. This is not OK: http://something.com/{unescapedlpurl}

At the moment, the online interface accepts the (incorrect) URLs of this latter form. This is confirmed to be a bug in the online interface; Editor does the right thing by rejecting them. For complicated technical and historical reasons, the online interface cannot close this hole in the near future.