AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

third-party compliance for MCC Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Third-party compliance for AdWords

All my MCC clients have unrestrickted access to their Adwords Accounts, should I still make extra reports to send to them on monthly basis ? (Or  make my own reporting pages on my own website that they have to login to ?)

Clients who want details can always log into their account and see  Adwords and Analytics statistics if they want to?

(Most of them don't want all that "extra" info in their email boxes.)

The http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2417693#0005 isn't realy clear about that.

(at least I don't understand)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author piet
September 2015

Re: third-party compliance for MCC Adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 16
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I asked The Third Party Compliance Team the question about sending or publishing  the reports and got the following answer:

"Please note that if each of your clients has access to their AdWords campaigns, then they do not need to receive monthly reports with monthly data on AdWords costs, clicks and impressions."

Although most of your clients would like to recieve a monthly run down on costs and results, it is not required for the third party compliance, as long as they have full access to their AdWords Accounts.

The thrid party compliance is all about transparancy: clients should have full understanding of the way they spend their money on an account , e.g. the difference between cost for clicks and the charged management fee.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, you still have to provide the monthly overview.

The easiest way to do this (and the way we do it) is to simply create a dashboard report in Google Analytics and have it schedule a mail to the customer.

If you go to GA, then to "Advertising" > "AdWords" > "Campaigns"

Then, in the explorer tab, switch from "Site Usage" to "Clicks".

Right there is the data that's required. No need to build any fancy systems to comply. Schedule that report (click the email link at the top) and forget about it Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can anyone confirm, because having access to the AdWords account and being billed directly via Google gives the clients all the info that's needed.(and what the compliance asks for) And would be same as giving them access to a fancy system on your own site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am asking this explicitly because this is what theThird Party Policy states:

Third parties can present the monthly data through their user interface, emailed reports, printed reports, or using whatever method is convenient and accessible to the advertiser

So why would complete access to their AdWords account not be sufficient ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Piet,

I have no idea why it isn't sufficient. We just comply Smiley Happy
It takes two mins to set up the scheduled report and that's it. Done for the lifetime of the project. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We just comply

That is not enough for a high level forum such as this !

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Piet,
What sort of answer were you looking for? This is a (mostly) peer to peer forum.

If you want their reasons why, why don't you email the compliance team? Good luck getting a response as to WHY Google do things that you don't find logical.

While you're at it, why not ask what is the point in linking to the third party policy from your site when they have access to Google and can find it themselves.

"We just comply" I feel is a valid statement as we agreed to comply when we agreed to the terms and conditions.

And for the record, I believe that access to/emailing reports is a fair enough request. Many advertisers using third parties never check into their AdWords accounts. They leave it in the third parties hands while they go about their business. Emailing high level reports ensures there's no surprises come billing time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand all your points, but still wonder why logging in to AdWords would not comply, and logging into my selfmade interface/dashboard would comply.

And if I make reports in AdWords, clients also have to log in into AdWords to see those reports? I don't see the advantages for my clients.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Did you read my post about scheduling the report in GA? Did you look at the report? It's everything that is needed and means that clients don't have to log into AdWords if they don't want/need to or can't.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did read, make and schedule Smiley Happy
But now I am seeing $ instead of EURO's ?