AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

the difference between content keyword targeting and the audience keyword targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

who  can explain the difference  between content keyword  targeting  and the audience keyword targeting in GDN?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: the difference between content keyword targeting and the audience keyword targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

Not sure where did you actually heard these 2 terms. But here's my understanding for Contextual targeting which basically means that the keywords (or any other targeting method that you are using) you use to target GDN will be matched with the theme of the website and your ads will show accordingly on those particular domains. More details can be found here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404186

Pankaj

Re: the difference between content keyword targeting and the audience keyword targeting

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @qin l

You already have a nice explanation about Contextual Targeting from Pankaj. Let me talk about Audience targeting. 

Audience targeting basically matches your ads to people who are likely to be interested in what you're selling or offering. Here you do not target by context but by users' interests. For instance, when you want to show ads to people who have interests in sports and you choose an affinity category as your targeting for this purpose, you are actually doing audience targeting. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.