AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

targeting products through product listing ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, we've got some challenges with our PLAs, I wonder if someone could give some feedback on the following example:

Website Category = Shoes

Website Sub Category = Blue Shoes

Website Sub Category = Red Shoes

I currently target product using Product_Type (which matches our Website Sub Categories), but a lot of searches for our products are more general. So how do I target all products with the Website Category whilst also showing for more general searches (for all of the products in the Category, when the search is less specific)

Does that makes sense? What do you guys think?

Thanks

Neil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: targeting products through product listing ads

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for posting. There are a couple of things you could try and do here. One of which is setting a bid for 'All Products' in your campaign, and then setting a higher bid for another type of category (the type of category that you are most interested in). This would mean that your higher bid would 'win out' if there was a close match for the target that you are most interested in, while your lower bid for 'All Products' could 'clear up' and allow you a chance to be seen for all your other products on more general search queries. 

A. 

Re: targeting products through product listing ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alys, that's a great solution, thanks, I'll give it a try. I think my issue stems from the fact we have too many varying products in our feed (ranging from selling prices of £2 to £500), is there any circumstance in which you'd suggest having seperate feeds to help with targeting and bidding?
Hope I'm making sense, let me know if not, cheers,
Neil