AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

supported animated GIF dimension for display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to page https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en, animated gif with dimension 320X50 is not supported, however, I was able to upload an animated GIF with that dimension. The image ad is under review now. I am wondering if the 310X50 is supported or not for animated GIF. 

Re: supported animated GIF dimension for display network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rui, how are things?

I think that you got the idea that this format wasn't supported beycase it did not show on the list, is that it?

In fact, every banner format can be animated with GIF if it respect the guidelines.

Here's a complete list of ad formats for you to browse: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/57755?hl=en

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Leandro! Yeah, I thought that dimension is not supported as it is not included in the list. I suppose the size limit referred this page https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/57755?hl=en applies to all different type of images including PNG, SWF and HTML 5 image ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmm, I tried to upload a static 480x320 PNG image ad, and it is rejected by AdWords.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
What's the error that you get when trying to upload?
_

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screenshot from 2016-05-31 13_58_52.png

Here is the screenshot of clicking the supported sizes link. Not sure if that is the complete list of sizes. 

Screenshot from 2016-05-31 13_59_36.png

Wrong dimensions
File name
480x320.png
Ad size
480 × 320 
Make sure your ad is in one of our supported sizes and formats, and upload it again.
Supported sizes and formats

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There's one kind of error that I come across sometimes where the image properties says the correct size, but the actual image size is 1px smaller. I don't know why that happens, but I solve this by going into Photoshop and creating a new canvas with the correct size, pasting the banner there, just to make sure that "I'm creating the banner with the correct size". That always done the trick for me.

You could also use the Ad Gallery to create one 480 × 320 banner with whatever content, just to be able to download that and replace it with your banner, and upload again.

Also try to upload the same banner but in different formats like JPG or GIF.

Hope this helps.
_