AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

structured snippet extensions trouble with the header language

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I had to write a new topic because I could not find anything on the structured snippet extensions.

Extension names sometimes can be confusing and it can be hard to make the difference between the stuctured snippet extension, the dynamic structured snippet extension or even the sitelinks extension.

Well my post is about the structured snippet, where the advertiser is providing to Google Adwords the structured information that show (sometimes) with your the ads... I  am using a lot this extension for my clients and I am pretty happy with the results so far. It really impacts CTR ! Better than sitelink or callout extension. BUT, still there is (big) problem !

the "Header" of the extention (the type of snippet you want) is only displayed in English.

The extension is available in French but Headers are not translated ? It is surely confusing for a french user to see this kind of ads:

extension-extrait-site.JPG

For now It is like an half finished feature for me and that's a pity.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pilgrim411
March 2016

Re: structured snippet extensions trouble with the header language

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. This shouldn't be the case--since Structured Snippets was rolled out to additional languages, there should be an option for you to choose the header language as you're creating the snippet.

Do you see an option like this in the panel where you created your Structured Snippets?

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 4.27.45 PM.png

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Cassie ! I have the option but I am pretty sure I did not have the option when I start building the extensions around september / october. Thank you very much

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Glad to hear it. Let me know if any other issues pop up!

Cassie