AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

[ solved ] AdWords Remarketing Code vs Universal Analytics Remarketing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

I just need a clarification on that I could not find in the documents.

Remarketing implemented with AdWords Remarketing code offers more features then Remarketing implementation via Google Universal Analytics code [  ga('require', 'displayfeatures');  ]

Many thanks,

Radu

UPDATE: 

Confirmed by a kind Google Employee that both codes can coexist without problems, although they do not 100% overlap in functionalities.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime Test (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Remarketing Code vs Universal Analytics Remarketing Code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Radu,

The one feature I know to be different is RLSA, currently that is only available if you're using the Google AdWords remarketing tag. Now, I also believe that you have more flexibility with GA remarketing for creating audiences based off of GA metrics.

I suppose if you want the entire suite of abilities, you can always run with both, all of the audiences will end up in AdWords anyways.

Also, it's no longer necessary to edit your universal tag to enable display features in GA - there is a property setting that you can toggle on that will provide you the same information.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872?hl=en#propsettings

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime Test (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Remarketing Code vs Universal Analytics Remarketing Code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Radu,

The one feature I know to be different is RLSA, currently that is only available if you're using the Google AdWords remarketing tag. Now, I also believe that you have more flexibility with GA remarketing for creating audiences based off of GA metrics.

I suppose if you want the entire suite of abilities, you can always run with both, all of the audiences will end up in AdWords anyways.

Also, it's no longer necessary to edit your universal tag to enable display features in GA - there is a property setting that you can toggle on that will provide you the same information.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872?hl=en#propsettings

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’