AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

setting up conversion tracking with conversion types!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I was wondering where is the option of selecting "1 per click " or "many per click" metric while setting up conversion tracking??

I read that the advertiser can select whichever metric he wants to track while setting up conversion tracking, but I did not seem to find this option!

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: setting up conversion tracking with conversion types!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mudit,

When you set up and install conversion tracking, 1-Per-Click and Many-Per-Click statistics are automatically tracked.

Here are the differences from this page: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722022

• Conversions (1-per-click)
    Conversions (1-per-click) count a conversion for every AdWords ad click resulting in a conversion within 30 days. This means if more than one conversion happens following a single ad click, conversions after the first will not count. This metric is useful for measuring conversions approximating unique customer acquisitions such as leads and sign-ups.
  • Conversions (many-per-click)
    Conversions (many-per-click) count a conversion every time a conversion is made within 30 days following an AdWords ad click.  Conversions (many-per-click) will count multiple conversions per click. This metric is useful for measuring conversions that are valuable every time they happen such as purchases.

The one advanced option you may be thinking about during the set up of conversion tracking is the View-Through options, which are only available on the GDN.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom

Hope you are doing awesome.

Ya, I was wondering about the same. Now suppose, If I am tracking "Sign ups" for my newsletter on one of my webpages and set up conversion tracking to track the same.

In this case the figure of "1 per click " conversions is the one which is important to me as all I am concerned about is the number of unique sign ups instead of recurring conversions by a single user.

So my question is, that would both the types of conversions would be shown automatically in the reports even though "many per click" conversions don't make any sense to me??

Thanks

Mudit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mudit,

Everything is Awesome!  Hope you are as well!

I have done lots of lead generation/sign up campaigns as well.

Yes, you would want to focus on the 1-per-click statistics but if you have multiple conversions possible, 1 user could trigger 2 unique conversions from one click, perhaps filling out a lead form and joining a mailing list.  

Yes, they are both tracked automatically but if you have the many-per-click stats showing and do not want them, you can always customize your columns to eliminate many-per-click and anything else that is not needed or if it's 'in the way'.

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Tom, Swift and helpful as alwaysSmiley Happy

Best

Mudit