AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

same placements in different campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a campaign running already, its a display network campaign with 15 adgroups and 30,000 placements

I want to create a new campaign targeting Display network with the same 15 adgroups and 30,000 placements

But the ad url is different

will the ad perform ?

Re: same placements in different campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Diwakar,

It will perform but you are competing for the same placements with yourself, so will see your impressions share go down and the same performance you see now, will be basically split in half. 

Also why don't you just add the new ads to the current campaign & rotate them evenly to test which works best for conversions. But it seems like a lot of work to create a new campaign with same targeting and same ad groups just for the URL. 

Hope this helps!

PPCSophie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sophie,

I have budgets set for each campaign, so I can't post new ads in the existing campaign.

Kindly suggest the better option

Diwakar

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

budgets set for each campaign, so I can't post new ads in the existing campaign

I can´t see how you´r reasoning here. Do those campaigns and ads not market the same product, don´t they have the same target-domain, do they not even market the same company?

Are campaigns otherwise (like geo-targeting) the same?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
David & Diwakar,

David: maybe his campaigns are budgeted a certain way where he has to do separate, but I do understand why you would be puzzled.

Diwakar: If that is your chosen method then I say go for it, Just know that its a bit impratical and you will be competing with yourself really.
PPCSophie