AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

sale countdown script - text ad error message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am trying to run the sale countdown script (https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/sale-countdown).

the script runs fine but the adwords system is disapproving my ad due to 'invalid characters' (see attached snapshot).

what am i doing wrong in the text ad? I actually am using the exact same characters as in the example adwords script solution:

Only {param1:a Few} Days {param2:and} Hours left!

I posted this issue in the adwords script forum parameters (1).PNGand they said to post here...

thanks in advance!

jay wilner
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay W
January 2016

Re: sale countdown script - text ad error message

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jay W you're barking up the wrong tree!  It's not the Ad Params, it's because you have two exclamation marks, one at the end of each of the description lines.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay W
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jay W you're barking up the wrong tree!  It's not the Ad Params, it's because you have two exclamation marks, one at the end of each of the description lines.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Jon_Gritton. I can't believe i didnt see that!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jay W it's only because I've done the same sort of thing countless times that I'm on the lookout for it now Smiley Happy  I once spent an entire morning checking, rechecking, screaming and shouting at a destination URL that kept coming back as disapproved when I knew it was correct, only to eventually realise the page was misspelled on the website itself...

Jon