AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

rules of capitalization for Keyword Insertion does not work for the Greek language ?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I Googled about Insertion Keyword Rules and i found a very usefull article at the link :
And there the writter of the article has the following rules of capitalization for Keyword Insertion
  • keyword – No capitalization, all word(s) are in lower case
  • Keyword – The first word is capitalized
  • KeyWord – Every word is capitalized
  • KEYword – Every letter in first word is capitalized
  • KEYWord -Every letter in the first word AND the first letter of the second
  • KEYWORD – Every letter is capitalized

My Question is : Why while i use the following rule it returns a diferent than the one i expected result !

I use KeyWord – Every word is capitalized and 

and it produces an add that looks like i used the rule 

KEYWord -Every letter in the first word AND the first letter of the second

Is there an updated list of rules ?

Why this is happening ?

I am Greek and the keywords are in the Greek Language as well as the Ads.

Thank you Very Much for your time in Advance

George Gemenetzis

Alpha Advertisement

p.s. I checked and double checked my ads in case i did a silly mistake Smiley Happy

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: rules of capitalization for Keyword Insertion does not work for the Greek language ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello gege;

To answer your question properly; understanding of Greek grammar is needed. I would suggest to post the question on the AdWords Greek forum. Our Greek colleagues would be happy to help.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-el

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: rules of capitalization for Keyword Insertion does not work for the Greek language ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Gege,

As with Moshe, I'm unaware of the differences for Greek but I can say that the information you posted is incorrect.

Please refer to Google documentation whenever possible.  This Help Center article may explain why you are seeing the differences:  Using keyword insertion - expand the portion titled: Keyword insertion and capitalization.

That should sort things out for you nicely.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for the link you 've replied with.

You 've said :

As with Moshe, I'm unaware of the differences for Greek but I can say that the information you posted is incorrect.

In which mean my information is incorrect ? 

Sorry for insisting about this but the information i ve shared is from an article about KeyWord Insertion from Dave Davis

One of the Top Starred Authors and member of your community. 

In case you ve got it wrong becouse of my English i revise the Question :

I used the rule : KeyWord – Every word is capitalized

and instead i get results as i used the rule  :

Only in some cases !

In the most querries the results are the expected ones but once in a while i have this unexpected result as i mentioned above.

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I prefer the international forum because here i have more chances to find a sollution.

George Gemenetzis

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again gege;

I found the article by Dave Davis you were referring to. (BTW: - Dave is a member of this community). This article is from 2007. Even Dave himself - I think - would agree that AdWords is very dynamic and has changed drastically since he wrote this article in 2007. If you are relying on non-Google publications, you are strongly encouraged to verify with Google's help documentation, that the publication is current. (As Tom suggested in his answer).

In this specific case, if you had looked in the help center, you would have found the following comment : under "keep in mind":

AdWords capitalization rules still apply, which means that an ad can't include excessive capitalization such as "BUY DARK CHOCOLATE." Full capitalization may only be used when the natural spelling of a word requires it, such as in acronyms, technical terms, and trademarked terms.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

At the help center it has the following table 

Your ad's titleHow the ad title appears to potential customersWhat part of the keyword is capitalized?
Buy {keyword:Chocolate}Buy dark chocolateNo part
Buy {Keyword:Chocolate}Buy Dark chocolateThe first letter of the first word only (sentence capitalization)
Buy {KeyWord:Chocolate}Buy Dark ChocolateThe first letter of each word (initial capitalization)
Buy {KEYWord:Chocolate}Buy DARK ChocolateThe entire first word and the first letter of each additional word
Buy {KeyWORD:Chocolate}Buy Dark CHOCOLATEThe first letter of the first word and the entirety of each additional word
Buy {KEYWORD:Chocolate}Buy Dark ChocolateThe first letter of each word (initial capitalization)

Which is exactly what Dave David has at his article. This was double checked but from my mistake i agree i didnt quote the help center but an article of a Top Contributor amongst others. 

Finally i say again that 

I used the rule : KeyWord – Every word is capitalized

and instead i get results as i used the rule  :

Only in some cases !

In most querries the results are the expected ones but once in a while i have this unexpected result as i mentioned above.

George Gemenetzis

George Gemenetzis

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi George,

My Apologies for any misunderstanding here.  When I first saw your post, I took a look at the help documentation and noticed immediately that the KEYWORD option was indeed different than what you posted and was concerned that perhaps the article you were reading may have been out of date, which is quite common given the fact that AdWords changes so often. 

That aside, given what you are finding with your capitalization rules, something definitely seems to be off and without actually seeing your keywords, ads and syntax, there is not much I can offer as you seem to be following the 'rules' correctly.

I'm curious to know if you are you finding these 'odd' results with many ads/ad groups or just one and how are you testing the ads?  Would you care to share your ads and/or keywords with us or a variation of the headline text with the exact syntax you are using?  Do you have any screenshots of the incorrect ads? 

Maybe with a little more information, we may be able to help you out here.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Boss,

I include here 4 print screenshots

The first one is from the diagnosis tools from my google adwords account where i perform my diagnosis .

01-AdPreview&Diagnosis

The second one is from google Search Live my Add .

02-Google Search Live The third one is from my  google adwords account the Ad.

03-Google Account Ads

The fourth Image is the keyword i find the problem.

It happens only with one Keyword compination but it is quite and important one.

προιοντα αδυνατισματος  = slimming products

And Instead of Προιοντα Αδυνατίσματος 

Ι get ΠΡΟΙΟΝΤΑ Αδυνατισματος

at the Header of the Ad.

04 -Google Account KeyWord

Did i help you here?

Thank you so much about your time Man Very Happy

p.s. If you cannot see the images clear in the post you can see them in a seperate tab.

George Gemenetzis

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot to everyone for their efforts.

George Gemenetzis