AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am creating two re-marketing AdWords campaigns on Google Display Network and  having the following questions:

1. the 1st campaign targets on people who visit our website homepage but then leave. The issue is: it is indicated that the re-marketing list is too small to display the ads. The current solution is only to improve our website traffic. Are there anything else I can do?

2. the 2nd campaign targets people who add items to the shopping cart but do not purchase. After starting this campaign for about 1 week, there is no impressions and clicks at all. I checked that the re-marketing list is created correctly and re-marketing tag is also installed correctly. So what could be the problem and what can I do to fix this?

Thank you very much.

Jessica

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: remarketing

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Jessica,

Thanks for posting to the community! To answer your questions:

1) A display remarketing list needs to have at least 100 people on it in order to run. Beyond increasing the number of visitors to your website, you could expand the date range of your list from 30 to 60 days, or change the list so that it counts all website visitors instead of just homepage visitors. But keep in mind that if you just created the list, it may still need more time to build up.

2) How many people are in the second list you mentioned, for shopping cart abandoners? You can check this in Shared Library (bottom left corner of your page) > Audiences.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Jessica,

Thanks for posting to the community! To answer your questions:

1) A display remarketing list needs to have at least 100 people on it in order to run. Beyond increasing the number of visitors to your website, you could expand the date range of your list from 30 to 60 days, or change the list so that it counts all website visitors instead of just homepage visitors. But keep in mind that if you just created the list, it may still need more time to build up.

2) How many people are in the second list you mentioned, for shopping cart abandoners? You can check this in Shared Library (bottom left corner of your page) > Audiences.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. : )

For the cart abandon list, the list size from google partner just indicates "less than 1000", from "display network" also just indicates " less than 1000". There are no specific numbers for the list size. Will this be a problem as well?

Thanks again,
Ting

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

Based on that message, it sounds like you have put your lists in the Audiences tab of a search campaign, rather than a display-only campaign like you originally intended. Can you double check that your campaigns are both set to the Display campaign type, under the Settings tab?

Once you make sure the campaign is a Display Network  Only campaign, you'll want to add your lists under the Display Network tab, in the Interests & Remarketing section. You'll see a big red +targeting button. Full walkthrough here.

Let me know if this solves it!

Cassie

remarketing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

That's actually correct.  No remarketing campaigns for healthcare sites.  (it also applies to legal and most financial sites).

remarketing

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.