AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing list not growing

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I have created a few rule based re marketing lists with the remarketing tag on our site. Per Google Tag Assistant on our site, the tag is working. However, our lists aren't increasing in the audience section of the AdWords website. Any idea why? Thanks in advance! Tag assistant image is attached.

tag assistant.pngtag assistant.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: remarketing list not growing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

A few reasons for the list not growing:

-The audience lists are based on cookies and many users may not accept or may clear cookies on a regular basis. Not every single visit will result in an additional audience member.
-Your code may not be installed on every page of your site. It should be.
-What is your membership duration for your lists. Try increasing it

Where is your code installed? Landing pages? How many lists are you working on? Can you expand your potential reach at all?

Please note that for your remarketing audiences, the minimum number of users should be 100. Less than that makes it non eligible to show your ads.

Here are some strategies to expand your reach https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
That being the case, I would seperate those two restrictions creating two lists for recent visitors and/or participants, and see this process as Step 1 (visitor) ---> Step 2 (participant) and do your landing page marketing to get from Step 1 to Step 2. The in-between is what your marketing is for.

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable
Thanks Jordan,
Great recommendations.
However we only want to track who's logged into our site so it's only needed on our landing page. Also, will the tag only work one-time per computer because of the cookies? Or one time per user id? Or neither?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Forget about that stuff with cookies. Remarketing is limited by cookie technology and other voluntary user behavior you don't want to violate at the risk of alienating their privacy. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove information which was most likely due to an email pr mobile footer. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

As a best practice, the remarketing tag should be added to all pages of your website. Then after your "all visitors" list has populated, you can create a custom list of people who only visited your landing page, for example, if you so choose. But if not enough users hit your landing page, remarketing to them may not be an option for you.

I'm not sure what you mean with your question about the tag only working one time per computer--if you can explain more in detail, I'd be happy to help with that question too!

Cassie