AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing for different products

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do I need to install the re marketing cookie on each webpage or just the home page?

Also would you install a different cookie to pages selling different products? For example apples and oranges. Would I have a cookie that only remarketed using ads for apples or back to just promote my site or my homepage?

thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

In order to properly implement your remarketing tag, please make sure you’ve placed the code at the bottom of all pages on your website, before the closing </body> tag. If your website uses a common file for a footer, you can place the code snippet there rather than on every page of your website. To learn more, read this Help Center article.

If you’d like to remarket different products, I’d suggest using dynamic remarketing.

Dynamic remarketing lets you show previous visitors ads that contain specific products and services they viewed on your site. To learn more about setting up dynamic remarketing, review this link.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Spencer

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Best way to go ahead is implimenting Dynamic Remarkeitng campaigns. If you are not running this on merchant center you can go ahead and config a custom dynamic remarketing campaigns. You can make a feed file with your all the products and tag the web pages correctly with proper parameters and run this campaign. If you using Google Tag Manager this process would be much easier. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1. Do you need to install code on every page? Yes you will need to install code on every page.

2. You want to target users who have viewed only certain products. : For this you will need to pass ecomm_pagetype, ecom_prodid, ecom_totalvalue in the same code. Using combination of these parameters with URLs or aditional parameters like ecomm_category you will be able to target users who have viewed particular products or category. (This link should help you https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/parameters_

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog