AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing dental practice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and need some help because it is not clear for me.

Do you no if there is some limitation regarding the creation of remarketing for:

• Dental Practices
  • Cosmetic Surgery

Kind Regards,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: remarketing dental practice

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Futrica,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!

As I understand it, you should have no problems Remarketing general dentistry services.  However, as I also understand it (and I just learned this today), you cannot do Remarketing for anything related to a user's medical condition, such as cosmetic surgery.  So yes to Dentist Practice; no to Plastic Surgery.

In regards to dentistry, in your Ads, you're not allowed to speak to any personal identifiable medical information and/or conditions, but you may use Remarketing to advertise your Practice.  You should update your site's privacy policy to be compliant with what Google recommends.

I've pasted a few links below that can help you start your Remarketing Campaigns.  As you have more questions, feel free to post them on the Community.

Use Remarketing to advertise to people who've been to your site

How Remarketing works

Strategies for Remarketing

Create a Remarketing List

Remarketing Policies

I should note, there would be a Reach limitation via Remarketing in that Remarketing only lets you advertise to people who've previously been to your site and your list has to have at least 100 unique visitors before you can begin Remarketing on the GDN.  If a user hasn't been to your site you won't be able to advertise to them.  This is where Topic Targeting and Contextual Targeting can help.  Using these two targeting tactics you can reach users who are interested in topics and content that relate to your business, although they do not have to have been to your site.

Target websites on specific topics

Contextual Targeting on Google Display Network

Finally, in AdWords you can also target users who've been to your site and are now doing searches via Google Search (Remarketing Lists for Search Ads - RLSA).  To do RLSA you'll need to have at least 1,000 unique visitors added to your Remarketing Lists.

About AdWords Remarketing for Search Ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Futrica,

Great question and you rightfully should be curious.

There is a really good possibility that dental practices could fall under the Health & Medical Information clause of the Policy for interest based advertising - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en

You can probably get a direct answer from AdWords Support - I've seen some borderline accounts have no problem and others have the lists disabled.

You can always set your lists up and see what happens, as far as I know, it has no impact on the rest of your advertising efforts. You simply get an email explaining why you can't use that particular audience.

Good Luck!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok - maybe you're in the clear... Smiley Happy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have no idea which country you are in but in Australia dental practices are now no longer able to retarget.  

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Angela,

You are posting to a thread from 2014. Of course many things have changed with AdWords since then. Please make a new thread for questions you have regarding the operation of your AdWords account. There is no need in posting to threads from years ago to state that something has changed. 

This thread has been closed to new replies.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.