AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing code problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there!

I have a request from a customer wanting me to add a remarketing code to a wordpress page (avada theme)

I have added the code he provided before the /body tag on the 'general web code' section but when I check it with the google tag assistant It's not showed in green but blue and It gives me a suggestion saying: Code should be placed directly above the closing <body> tag.

Also I have 3 issues on google tag manager saying: - Invalid or missing account ID - <script> tag must not be included in a <div> and - An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED

Do you have any suggestions for me on how to proceed? As you can see I'm quite new on this.

I would be really helpful if you could help me Smiley Happy

Many Thanks,

Elena

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elena L
July 2016

Re: remarketing code problem

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Elena,

Your re-marketing code implementation is fine now. The errors on your page that is shown in Tag Assistant is caused by the wrong implementation of Google Tag Manager's code. If you do not need it, simply remove it. This code for your reference is - 

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
<noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id="
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src='//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','');</script>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

Also, you have added re-marketing code twice. It should be only once. 

Rest is awesome!

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Elena L,

Make sure you are not wrapping the code in <div>. 

However, if it adds the div by itself. Go to Appearance > Editor and then look for footer.php. Click the link to open it in the editor. Now scroll to the bottom till you find closing </body> tag. Add your code just before it and hit Update File

Note - if you are using a child theme, don't forget to select the main Avada theme from 'select theme to edit' dropdown option found towards to the top right of the editor screen. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ratan-Jha,
Thank you very much for your quick reply Smiley Happy
I did as you said, eliminating the code from where I had it and applying it to the footer.php before </body>, but it all seems the same.
I'm inserting you some screenshots so you can evaluate better.

Any idea on what am I doing wrong?
I appreciate so much your help,

Elena

footer.jpgtagassistant.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elena L
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Elena,

Your re-marketing code implementation is fine now. The errors on your page that is shown in Tag Assistant is caused by the wrong implementation of Google Tag Manager's code. If you do not need it, simply remove it. This code for your reference is - 

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
<noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id="
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src='//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','');</script>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

Also, you have added re-marketing code twice. It should be only once. 

Rest is awesome!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your help Smiley Happy