AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

reduce keywords bid by %

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello all, 
here's my issue:

a) I go on the keywords tab on my panel.
b) apply a filter (let's say--> keys with a cost higher than 70 $)
c) I get the list.

I'd like to modify those keywords bids on a % basis, 

--> reduce all bids of the list of 20%.

How can I proceed to do this without having to do it manually, key by key?

Is it something that i can do downloading the keys, elaborating them in excel, and then
uploading again? 

thanks in advance

IKO

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: reduce keywords bid by %

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ikofang,

You can do it easily with the help of Adwords Editor. You need to download editor as its an desktop tool. Once you download editor, See steps Advance Bid Changes.

To sepcify criteia (such as cost > 70), use Advnace search see steps here.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ikofang,

You can do it easily with the help of Adwords Editor. You need to download editor as its an desktop tool. Once you download editor, See steps Advance Bid Changes.

To sepcify criteia (such as cost > 70), use Advnace search see steps here.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ikofang and welcome,

I could think of couple of ways to accomplish this:-

1. Apply the filter as you said, then click on arrow in front of Edit and select edit in table. Here, you won't be able to change the Max. CPC in %age but some static value which you want for all. ( For eg reduce from $4.01 to $3.75) Apply it on one and then copy to all  arrows. Adwords will change the max. CPC for the filtered keywords to the desired values. This is something which you can do maunally.

2. Now Adwords has a great tool called Automated Rules. You can use the automated rules to decrease the bid of specific keywords by some %age as you said above. Follow this article to see the common ways to implement these rules. Make sure that you preview the rule before implementing it.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you very much. I found exactly how to do. There's just one more issue. My idea was to consider the previous 6 months data, but it looks like in this case there's no chance to customize it. if Iclick the dropdown menu --> using data from it just gives me some possiblities, and the max period of time (aside from all time) is 90 days.

Is there no way to customize the data range? 

thanks in advance

IKO

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello again,

The max. limit for previous data check is all time or last 90 days max. So till now you can choose from these upper limits and hopefully Adwords Engineers might be working on making some periodic changes in automated rules and we might see the limit with some more options in future Smiley Happy

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Adword editor is easy tool for this purpose. I use it to bulk edit or change keywords bid. You should give it a try if not already.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

lazy guys...thanks a lot again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can now do this in the UI itself. Click "Edit" on the keywords and select "Change bids..".