AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"deleted" ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why do "deleted" ads get served while "enabled" ads are not?  Can I permanently remove "deleted" ads

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: "deleted" ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robaaa,

Deleted ads do not get served. Enabled ads can get served. Are you sure you're looking at the correct time period? A campaign that is now deleted will show stats if your dates are set to a period when the campaign was running.

You can not permanently remove "deleted" ads. But you can set the UI so you son't see them. At the top of the tab section, it now says "All Ads". Click on that and choose "All but deleted".

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robaaa,

Deleted ads do not get served. Enabled ads can get served. Are you sure you're looking at the correct time period? A campaign that is now deleted will show stats if your dates are set to a period when the campaign was running.

You can not permanently remove "deleted" ads. But you can set the UI so you son't see them. At the top of the tab section, it now says "All Ads". Click on that and choose "All but deleted".

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pete

I know what you say makes sense but on one of my ad groups I am gettingan enabled ad served 30% and a deleted ad 70%.  I dont think I have any time constraints but perhaps that is the answer.  I appreciate your help.

Robaaa

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Robaaa,

Sounds like you are looking at a time peiod (date range) during which the ad was deleted. I think you can run a change report that would tell you the date on whicn the ad was deleted. Then set the date range (upper right corner) to a time period after the ad was deleted. You should see no impressions, clicks or conversions.

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No - its a current report - last seven days. The ads were deleted months ago.

regards