AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"custom combo" vs "Visitors of a page who did not visit another page"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

Could anyone please confirm what could be the difference in the following approaches for the same result:

a) Should I create a custom combination which targets users who have put something in a shopping cart but not purchased anything. So the user must be a member of the “Added to shopping cart” list and must not be a member of the “Converted-Purchased“ list.

or

b) Is it better to use "Visitors of a page who did not visit another page" where I just set

People who visited a page with any of the following:

/cart/first-step/

But didn't visit another page with any of the following:

/cart/purchase-complete/

Which of these approaches is best to use?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "custom combo" vs "Visitors of a page who did not v

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Essentially these two approaches should match. The numbers should all match across and the resultant list of abandoners would be the same size for each.

But I would put money on there being some differences. There is likely to be more control when you use the actual page names from your website, but my approach would be to set up the four lists and then see which combination most closely matches your actual numbers... look at how many unique sessions there were for a period on the cart, then how many actual sales you made and then use the list combination which gives you that number.