AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Your ad group will not run due to your current targeting"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to do a remarketing campaign targeting an email list. I have one campaign with one ad group, and the audience is set to an email list. My ads were just approved, but I noticed the following error under "Display Network":

This is my first remarketing campaign, so I'm pretty green over here. What could be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jessie G
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jessie G

The customer match feature, which you are using to target an email list, is not allowed to run for the Google Display Network remarketing. It is only allowed to be used as a remarketing list for search ads (RLSA). Thus, you can only remarket to users with search ads, not display ads.

let me know if this helps clarify!

Nick

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have other targeting methods selected? I tried doing this a few weeks ago and I had to disable all other targeting and only leave the remarketing list and then it worked. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jessie G
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jessie G

The customer match feature, which you are using to target an email list, is not allowed to run for the Google Display Network remarketing. It is only allowed to be used as a remarketing list for search ads (RLSA). Thus, you can only remarket to users with search ads, not display ads.

let me know if this helps clarify!

Nick