AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

"Your AdWords campaigns are about to expire".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just received an email from Google adwords saying; "Your AdWords campaigns are about to expire".

I followed the instructions to the letter and when I entered the new desired expiry date I got the following message:"This campaign and its contents cannot be modified in AdWords". 

If this is the case why did Google send me the email in the first place? I am puzzled. How do I extend the expiry date?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Your AdWords campaigns are about to expire".

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

You need to log into AdWords Express (not the main AdWords UI) to edit your AdWords Express campaign . You do that at the same website you used to set the campaign up.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

That's all well and fine but then why do the Google instructions for this specifically state, "Sign in to your AdWords account at h++ps://adwords.google.com" ( a direct quote).

Furthermore, I believe that this has already been tried by others with the same problem, to no avail.

Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Problem solved!

It seems a lot of us have spent countless hours over the weekend for NOTHING!

Here is a part of the response I got from Adwords Support.

"if your budget is not enough to consistently show your ad through the month, the system may set an earlier campaign end date to ensure that you won't exceed your monthly budget. Do note that this is automatically done  by the system and you can’t change the campaign end date."

So, even though the good people at Adwords tell us we must extend our "end date", and give us instructions to accomplish this which don't work, it appears this is not even a problem in the first place.

Well done Google. I am starting to think of you in much the same way I think of Microsoft.